Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Riley Rump-Book Report

Rump
Book by-Liesl Shurtliff
Report by-Riley Roche


My name is Rump, or at least I think. See, when I was born my mom had some sickness and she whispered my name in my ear but when she was going to announce my name she said Rump... *Cough* Cough* and she started coughing even more and then she wasn't breathing, and from then on I was known as Rump. In my kingdom, your name is your destiny and if my name was a cow's rear end, I guess I'll be treated like one. I was determined to find my real name. I found this spinning wheel one day and I wanted try it out, so I got some wool and brought it to my room and then a bunch of fairies took it away. I thought "That was odd" so I just grabbed something spinnable which was straw from inside my mattress. I tried spinning and then the straw turned to gold! I was shocked. It felt strange knowing I could use magic. It was very odd. I knew this had something to do with my name.

I met this girl named Red, the reason she is called Red is because one day a boy made fun of her name and she punched him so hard in the face that her name was leaking out of his nose. I guess your name really is your destiny. Red's grandmother was nice but a little creepy. When I told her about my adventure, she said stuff like "Just watch your step," and I never really got what she meant. Red didn't want to come with me because she really thought I was stupid doing this so I brought my donkey, Nothing. Oh that's his name, Nothing. I called him Nothing for two reasons, One- people don't think that things like villages or donkeys deserve    something as important as a name. Two- I named him Nothing because thats all he does.

As I started my adventure (very slowly because that's how fast Nothing moves) over the Mountain, I felt good and nervous. In this forest, I had some great adventures. I met some trolls and I found a poison apple tree. I went to another village and I went to the Castle of King Barf (his real name is Bartholomew Archbald Reginald Fife). I don't know if I will find my name but this adventure has been great.

Will Rump find his full name, read Rump to find out!


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment