Search This Blog

Friday, March 6, 2015

Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli, Reviewed by Maya




     Leo Borlock follows the unspoken rule at Mica Area High School: don't stand out! But when Stargirl arrives at Mica everything changes. After being home schooled all her life, Stargirl bursts into tenth grade in an explosion of color and ukulele music, amazing the students at Mica.

     But when Stargirl makes the Mica basketball team lose, she is shunned for everything that makes her different. Somewhere throughout Stargirl's rise and fall in popularity, normal Leo finds himself in love with her.

     I loved Stargirl! It really made me want to run into school and go crazy. It inspired me to not care what other people think. I am in 5th grade and found Stargirl a little easy. Maybe a late 4th or early 5th grade book. Stargirl is more of a girl book because, it talks about girls high school drama and self consciousness. I highly recommend Stargirl!

No comments:

Post a Comment